Freitag, 4. Mai 2012

The Return of Matching Shoes & Bags S/S 12 (1/2)

One of the worst things one can say to bash a woman`s outfit these days is 'It`s too matchy matchy.' Fashion has seen a decade where mixing was a must. It started with Patricia Field`s Sex and the City looks and was continued in the colour-blocking trend, that we considered it cool and creative to 'break the rules'. As it is with trends, we love it as long as only the stylists and fashion icons do it but when it hits the streets and we see how people get it wrong, it`s over. We have totally reached this point with the mixing-imperative! It`s enough.
It is time to return to thoughtful & well-planned outfits. The point is not to become "conservative or less creative", the point is to make sense again and return to harmonic looks (if only to give our eyes a break from all the chaotic atrocities of the last decade!). Another point is to get real about ourselves; not all of us are blessed with great taste, the confidence to pull off daring combinations or the occasions to wear the "fashion-forward looks". I say: let`s return to sense (instead of taking the risk of looking like a parrot) and remember that rules do not just exist to be be broken - they also exist because they make sense.

Here are my favourite matching shoes & bags of S/S 12 (part 1 of 2)

1
Alexander McQueen / Roberto Cavalli

2
Alexander McQueen

3
Alexander McQueen

6
Alexander McQueen

7
Alexander McQueen

8
Elie Saab

9
Alexander McQueen

99
Alexander McQueen

99a
Roberto Cavalli

Pictures are property of the respective brands.

Are you returning to matching your shoes with your bag?
Which of the combinations above is your favourite?

9 Kommentare:

digitalpaperdoll hat gesagt…

Great post. You took the words directly from my brain.

xoxo,
dpd
www.digitalpaperdoll.com

Style Mentor™ hat gesagt…

I would like to get a Valentino bag to match my Valentino booties! YES to matching!

Tina Astra hat gesagt…

Nice! Do you think that this is returning after all..we'll see
tina
http://wherecanifindthe.blogspot.com

WorthyStyle hat gesagt…

I adore that Elie Saab look - except that heel is intimidating!

Marisa @ Broke with Designer Taste hat gesagt…

Thank you for the comment on my blog! These pieces are gorgeous!!! I am a sucker for gorgeous designer things!

Marisa
http://brokewithdesignertaste.blogspot.com/

Allison hat gesagt…

OMG I love all of these McQueen items! You have matched them perfectly. I actually adore the first match the best, with the Cavalli heels- they are amazing!
And thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog! Would you like to follow each other?

:)
Allison @ afashionfiles.blogspot.com

gothified hat gesagt…

My shoes always match my bags, both are either black canvas or black leather ;)

From your examples I actually like the Elie Saab one best because shoes and bag show a simple and clean design yet their color makes them pop.

Heather Fonseca hat gesagt…

I've always loved the idea of my bag matching my purse - so ladylike! I've also always been rather matchy matchy. It's just sort of my style, so im happy it's coming back.

Unknown hat gesagt…

Congrats on Links A La Mode! Great post.

Christina-Lauren
Inspirations & CELEBRATIONS
http://inspirationsandcelebrations.net

Kommentar veröffentlichen

2 3 Share
4
5